Saturday 12 November 2011

Throne of Skulls October Event 2 Game 5

  Final game of what has been a tremendous weekend of gaming.  I've had my fair share of luck and I was expecting a bit of a humbling in my final game against what was sure to be a very capable oppo.  I knew from chatting to various people that I'd be up against either a GW employee with some Grey Knights (grrrrrr), a dude with a terminator heavy BT force or a fellow Dark Eldar Player.

  Turns out I'm up against the Dark Eldar player!  So it was to be a match up to decide who the most evil / cruel / malicious person would be, great!

  My oppo was a pretty cool guy with a beautifully painted army which put mine to shame.  His list was as follows;
- 2 x Haemonculus with webway portals
- Baron in a big unit of hellions
- Incubi in a raider
- 2 big squads of wyches
- reaver jetbikes
- ravager
- talos

  I'd never played or used a webway list before so I wasn't quite sure what to expect.  Mission type was 3 objectives and deployment was pitched.  I got the first turn and tried my best to take out his transports and ravager.  I blew up 1 raider on my first turn but manouvered my forces so I was well out of the way of where he was going to deploy the portals.

  His turn consisted of him deploying a webway portal right next to 1 of the objectives.  My following turn saw me destroy his remaining raider and ravager and position my flying things so I could shoot whatever came out of the portals.

  The next few turns went really well with my oppos reserves coming on and being shot to bits.  Turn 4 was a real game-turner.  He multiple assaulted my hellions and a warrior squad with 2 big units of wyches.  As both my squads had feel no pain I managed to weather the storm and drew the combat!  My hellions disengaged and charged the following turn where I wiped out both squads.  My Incubi then chewed through his reavers.

  On his turn 5 he only had the baron left with a squad of hellions so he decided to call it a day.  I won 2-0.  Get in, 5 games 5 wins!

  I got 1 player vote so my overall score was 16 which I was delighted with.  Not enough to win overall but it did get me best Dark Eldar player.  Congratulations to the dude who won, he won 4 games with his orks and got maximum player points and from what I could tell he seemed a really great bloke.

  Weekend over and I'd had a blast, now to start thinking about January's TOS!

No comments:

Post a Comment