Saturday 5 November 2011

Throne of Skulls October Event 2 Game 4

First day over and done with and an impressive 3 wins out of 3.   I'd had a really enjoyable first day and was really excited about day 2.
I rolled up to my table on the Sunday and was faced with Space Wolves.  My opponent was a really nice dude from the states named Brian and he obviously had brought with him a decent army.  Here it is (ish)
- Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf
- Several other Thunderwolves
- Fenrisian Wolves
- 3 x Grey Hunter sqds in Rhinos
- 2 x Long Fangs with 3/4 missile launchers
- Rune Priest

Mission type was kill points (oh no) but deployment was dawn of war (oh yeah) and I won the roll off for first turn and decided to go first.
My first turn I basically manouvered around a bit and shot up his thunderwolf squad (killed a few Fenrisian wolves and wounded a few of his big squad).  I also concentrated on the rhinos and took one out.
Brian's first turn involved him moving things towards me as much as possible.
My second turn was a game winner, I took out a full long fang squad with missiles and killed all but 2 of the other squad.  I destroyed another rhino and then wounded/killed a few of his DeathStar thunderwolf squad.
The game continued like this, with me taking out his other rhino and whittling down his Death Star until my Incubi finished him off by taking out 3 squads of Grey Hunters in combat and winning me the game.
Brian rolled 7 dice in anger in the entire game, every other dice roll was either a leadership test (he failed both) or an armour save.
A convincing win, couldn't help but notice that a Dark Eldar player was next to me on the top table and just beat his ork opponent, I now hoped that I would face him in the final match of the weekend, hoping that I wouldn't come up against the guy with the beardiest Grey Knight list in the history of the world, or the dude with the 50 terminators with cyclone missile launchers / storm shield list of doom.

No comments:

Post a Comment