Saturday 29 October 2011

Throne of Skulls October Event 2 Game 3

2 wins so far and confidence is high.  I'm saying to myself at this stage, please no grey knight army with autocannon nastiness, and guess what's next?  Grey knights with 2 autocannon dreads.  Great.  Mission is table quarters and 1 objective each, I'm playing a dude with bags of confidence and a list straight from the pages of the bearded bible.  It is:
Coteaz
Grand Master
Land Raider (lascannons)
Storm Raven
10 x Purifiers
7 x Death Cult Assassins
Henchmen with plasma guns / plasma cannons
2 x dreads with twin-linked autocannons / psybolt

I win the role off and decide to be tactical and let my oppo go first.  I deploy as far back as possible to try and keep out of range.  He goes first, what happens next will definitely never happen again in all the time I play 40k.  His stormraven / land raider / dreads score a grand total of 8 penetrating hits on my shooty vehicles.  7 of these are destroyed results.  I then proceed to make a grand total of 7 flickerfield saves.  The one I fail is a shaken.  What a moment, I would have cheered were it not for my oppo's bottom lip quivering like a baby.  Get in!
My following turn I managed to destroy his Land Raider and Storm Raven and from then on the game was in the bag.  I ended up winning 2-0.
End of day 1 and I had won all three games!  To make matters even better, the lads I had travelled down with had also done pretty well, it was time to drink beer and celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment